The Information Commissioner's Office (ICO) has updated its website to offer clearer guidance on the UK General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). The ICO has broken down its information on the GDPR into smaller guides, with each section including a summary page and links to more detailed information and resources.
The ICO GDPR guidance is available for:
- What is personal information?
- Data protection principles
- Definitions of controllers and processors
- International transfers
- Data protection and cybersecurity
- How to protect children's information
- Designing digital products and services
- What are our data rights (including SARs)?
- Lawful basis for processing data, special category data and criminal offence data
- Accountability and governance
- CCTV and video surveillance
- Employment information
- Artificial intelligence (AI)
- Research provisions
What is this page?
You are reading a summary article on the Privacy Newsfeed, a free resource for DPOs and other professionals with privacy or data protection responsibilities helping them stay informed of industry news all in one place. The information here is a brief snippet relating to a single piece of original content or several articles about a common topic or thread. The main contributor is listed in the top left-hand corner, just beneath the article title.
The Privacy Newsfeed monitors over 300 global publications, of which more than 4,350 summary articles have been posted to the online archive dating back to the beginning of 2020. A weekly roundup is available by email every Friday.