IAPP GDPR Certification Programme
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest international community for privacy professionals with over 68,000 members worldwide. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit organisation that helps define, support, and improve the privacy profession throughout the world. It brings people together, providing them with the tools and information management practices required to thrive in today's rapidly evolving data economy.
A board of six executives lead the IAPP, four of whom are IAPP certified themselves, indicating how the principles that apply to membership are adhered to throughout the organisation. Policy and direction are influenced by an advisory board that includes representation from each geographical region. Members of the advisory board are made up of solicitors, consultants and senior privacy practitioners from all industry sectors, along with the academic and research communities.
IAPP certification key facts
- IAPP certifications are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under the ISO 17024:2012 international standard.
- The IAPP maintains their certifications through consultation with its global community of information privacy practitioners and lawyers.
- Training is available through a select network of Official Training Partners.
- Computer-based exams are available in over 6,000 testing centres worldwide.
- The IAPP have issued over 26,000 privacy and data protection certifications to professionals in 90 countries.
IAPP membership benefits
Alongside certification, the IAPP provides a host of benefits to its active community of members and certified practitioners.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and like-minded professionals who want to advance their careers.
- Access to exclusive privacy-related content, news, plus a host of videos and web conferences to keep up to date.
- Expert analysis such as industry governance reports, technology vendor analysis and salary surveys.
- Annual 2-Day Intensive Conferences in the UK and across Europe (currently online due to the COVID-19 pandemic).
- A resource centre full of templates, forms, charts, checklists, guides, surveys, and reports, including a DPO Toolkit to make your job easier.
Membership is available to corporates as well as individuals. Current corporate members include well-known international brands such as Accenture, Adobe, AWS (Amazon), AT&T, Capital One, Cisco, Facebook, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HSBC, Intel, and Microsoft.
IAPP training courses, certifications and conferences help privacy professionals stay current on legal and regulatory developments.
IAPP certified courses delivered by Freevacy
Freevacy is an approved IAPP training partner. Our specialist trainers are IAPP certified and possess expert knowledge of the GDPR and privacy management with years of practical experience working as a DPO.
Whether you're just starting out as a privacy professional or preparing for IAPP certification, we're here to help you every step of the way. Freevacy offers a personalised service to our customers and delegates throughout the learning process, from booking through to exam completion. We aim to ensure candidates pass their examination with the desired results.
When you purchase an IAPP training course from Freevacy, you will receive:
- Official IAPP courseware
- Training delivered by authorised IAPP training instructor
- An IAPP certification examination voucher for the relevant course (CIPP/E & CIPM)
- Exam preparation material
- Unlimited advice and support in studying for the IAPP exam
- 1-2-1 exam coaching
- Group study sessions
- Pass first-time guarantee, or train again for free on all IAPP instructor-led training courses
- 1-year IAPP Membership
- Fully inclusive, no hidden extras. The one-off cost covers the training, all course materials, exam voucher and IAPP membership