IAPP GDPR Certification Programme
The International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP) is the largest international community for privacy professionals with over 68,000 members worldwide. Founded in 2000, the IAPP is a not-for-profit organisation that helps define, support, and improve the privacy profession throughout the world. It brings people together, providing them with the tools and information management practices required to thrive in today's rapidly evolving data economy.
A board of six executives leads the IAPP, four of whom are IAPP certified themselves, indicating how the principles that apply to membership are adhered to throughout the organisation. Policy and direction are influenced by an advisory board that includes representation from each geographical region. Members of the advisory board are made up of solicitors, consultants and senior privacy practitioners from all industry sectors, along with the academic and research communities.
IAPP GDPR certification key facts
- IAPP certifications are accredited by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI) under the ISO 17024:2012 international standard
- The IAPP maintains its certifications through consultation with its global community of information privacy practitioners and lawyers
- Training is available through a select network of Official Training Partners
- Computer-based exams are available in over 6,000 testing centres worldwide
- The IAPP has issued over 26,000 privacy and data protection certifications to professionals in 90 countries
IAPP membership benefits
Alongside certification, the IAPP provides a host of benefits to its active community of members and certified practitioners.
- Opportunities to network with colleagues and like-minded professionals who want to advance their careers
- Access to exclusive privacy-related content, news, plus a host of videos and web conferences to keep up to date
- Expert analysis such as industry governance reports, technology vendor analysis and salary surveys
- Annual 2-Day Intensive Conferences in the UK and across Europe (currently online due to the COVID-19 pandemic)
- A resource centre full of templates, forms, charts, checklists, guides, surveys, and reports, including a DPO Toolkit to make your job easier
Membership is available to corporates as well as individuals. Current corporate members include well-known international brands such as Accenture, Adobe, AWS (Amazon), AT&T, Capital One, Cisco, Facebook, Google, Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HSBC, Intel, and Microsoft.
IAPP training courses, certifications and conferences help privacy professionals stay up to date on legal and regulatory developments.
IAPP GDPR certified courses delivered by Freevacy
Freevacy is an approved IAPP training partner. Our highly experienced trainers are IAPP certified and possess expert knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation (2016) and privacy management with years of practical experience working as a DPO.
Whether you're just starting out as a privacy professional or preparing for IAPP GDPR certification, we're here to help you every step of the way. Freevacy offers a personalised service to all customers and delegates throughout the learning process, from booking through to exam completion. We aim to ensure candidates pass their examination with the desired results.
When you purchase an IAPP training course from Freevacy, you will receive:
- Official IAPP courseware
- Training delivered by authorised IAPP training instructors
- An IAPP certification examination voucher for the relevant course (CIPP/E & CIPM)
- Exam preparation material
- Unlimited advice and support in studying for the IAPP exam
- 1-2-1 exam coaching
- Group study sessions
- Pass first-time guarantee, or train again for free on all IAPP instructor-led training courses
- 1-year IAPP Membership
- Fully inclusive, no hidden extras. The one-off cost covers the training, all course materials, exam voucher and IAPP membership
What our IAPP customers have to say
"I thoroughly enjoyed the CIPP/E course held online. I was a little apprehensive about doing this training for two days online, but it was delivered very well, and there were no major technical glitches! Julie is an excellent trainer, friendly and very knowledgeable in this complex subject area. Excellent course materials that were invaluable for passing the CIPP/E exam."
"Thank you so much for two really informative and enjoyable courses. What was especially useful was being able to apply the numerous frameworks we have studied this week. I had made a vague reference to them in a Compliance Manual I am compiling for my organisation, but until this week was concerned about their provenance and actual physical application. I can now refer to the IAPP CIPM. Very satisfying."