On Monday, 17 July, European Commissioner for Justice and Consumer Protection Didier Reynders met with the US Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Director, Rohit Chopra, for an informal meeting on a range of critical financial consumer protection issues. The issues discussed during the meeting included:
- Automated decision-making and processing of data in financial services, including AI
- The risks to consumers related to new forms of credit and indebtedness
- Preventing over-indebtedness
- Ensuring digital transformation supports fair choice and access to financial services for consumers
- Implications for competition concerning areas such as privacy and security
What is this page?
You are reading a summary article on the Privacy Newsfeed, a free resource for DPOs and other professionals with privacy or data protection responsibilities helping them stay informed of industry news all in one place. The information here is a brief snippet relating to a single piece of original content or several articles about a common topic or thread. The main contributor is listed in the top left-hand corner, just beneath the article title.
The Privacy Newsfeed monitors over 300 global publications, of which more than 4,350 summary articles have been posted to the online archive dating back to the beginning of 2020. A weekly roundup is available by email every Friday.