The Duke of Sussex was back in the High Court in London for a three-day hearing as News Group Newspapers (NGN) argued it was too late for Prince Harry to bring a historical phone hacking case and that they wanted the judge to throw out his claim.
A number of revelations have come to light during the hearing:
- Charles undermined the late queen’s plan to sue NGN
- Was there a secret deal between the royal family and NGN?
- Claim that NGN paid secret phone-hacking settlement to Prince William
- Prince Harry does not blame late queen for alleged deal with NGN
- Hugh Grant claims NGN burgled his flat to obtain private information
- Has time run out for Prince Harry’s case against NGN?
What is this page?
You are reading a summary article on the Privacy Newsfeed, a free resource for DPOs and other professionals with privacy or data protection responsibilities helping them stay informed of industry news all in one place. The information here is a brief snippet relating to a single piece of original content or several articles about a common topic or thread. The main contributor is listed in the top left-hand corner, just beneath the article title.
The Privacy Newsfeed monitors over 300 global publications, of which more than 4,250 summary articles have been posted to the online archive dating back to the beginning of 2020. A weekly roundup is available by email every Friday.