Data Protection Day is an ideal occasion to look back on all the hard work we privacy professionals put in year on year to protect people's personal data. Well done us!
Here is a roundup of messages celebrating the international day for privacy from a number of authoritative sources:
- ICO, Elizabeth Denham posts a video on Twitter speaking about the significance and impact of the day.
- ICO publishes a blog about how we can raise global data protection standards to benefit us all with ambition.
- Council of Europe publishes a blog celebrating the 40th anniversary of Convention 108 and the 15th Data Protection Day - Follow the #40YearsofDataProtection thread.
- Global Privacy Assembly publishes its latest newsletter to mark the occasion.
- EDPB posts a video from its members wishing you a very happy Data Protection Day.
- EU Commission releases a joint statement by Vice-President Jourová and Commissioner Reynders ahead of Data Protection Day.
- Follow the #DataProtectionDay thread on Twitter for more reaction and commentary.
- Infosecurity Magazine publishes an article highlighting how data breaches and leaks soared 93% in 2020.
- Malwarebytes posts an article explaining why data privacy day matters.
Here at Freevacy, we are launching a new Data Rights Blog to market the occasion.