On the third anniversary of the General Data Protection Regulation coming into force across the EU, we provide a roundup of the articles, survey and report published in celebration of Europe's flagship privacy law.
- Infosecurity Magazine has an interview with Omer Tene, vice president & chief knowledge officer at the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), who feels now is an ideal time to assess and grade the GDPRs performance so far.
- Realwire has issued a press release revealing security leaders are more concerned about class action legal claims than enforcement fines. According to research conducted by Egress, 90% of UK security leaders and DPOs are most concerned about class action by data subjects following a data breach, compared to 85% who are worried about regulatory fines. 91% have taken out new cyber insurance policies.
- IAPP spoke with privacy professionals about the GDPR's worldwide impact, highlights, challenges faced over the past three years and more.
- IAPP publish an infographic highlighting the GDPR's impact over the last three years.
- EDPS Wojciech Wiewiórowski reflected on the last three years, calling the GDPR "a sensational achievement for Europe and its citizens," while adding the "EU should not turn a blind eye to its current shortcomings."
We will keep updating this post throughout the day with additional announcements.