Read Full Story
Here are the latest stories on how the COVID-19 outbreak has affected privacy:
- Politico reports how the UKs Track and Trace programme began without a DPIA.
- IAPP article outlines why it's important to be mindful of digital footprints during the pandemic.
- The Guardian reveals privacy group is preparing a legal challenge to NHS test-and-trace scheme.
- Yahoo News UK reports that Jacob Rees-Mogg has rejected COVID-19 tracing app privacy legislation.
- The National reveals how NHS Orkney sent coronavirus test results to local business by mistake.
- The Register reports how contact-tracer spoofing has begun already.
- The Guardian reveals Vote Leave AI firm awarded a government contract to analyse social media data, utility bills and credit rating scores to help deal with the coronavirus pandemic.
- Open Rights Group demands strong legal safeguards for contract-tracing.