GDPR, Privacy & Cyber news from around the world as it happens.
What started as an internal knowledge base of news articles to ensure our trainers remain on top of the latest industry developments, is now a free resource for everyone.
3 ways to stay up-to-date
Join the 3519 Twitter followers who receive instant news notificationsFollow us!
View the latest newsGet RSS feed
online or search the
Sign up to receive a weekly roundup delivered to your inbox every Friday
- We use this information to send weekly updates about industry news, resource materials, and subtle announcements about upcoming training events.
- We maintain a separate email subscriber list for training event special offers and promotions. Your contact information will not be added to that list when subscribing to this news service.
- The information you provide to us is held on a 3rd party email communications provider MailChimp.
- When you submit an enquiry through a form on this website, we can connect information on the pages you have viewed, and any links you have clicked, to a profile about you. This helps us monitor the performance of our website, which in turn enables us to enhance your user experience.
- For more information, please view our privacy notice.
Matt Hancock on Twitter
UK Gov: Coronavirus response exempt from GDPR
UK drops NHS contact-tracing app for Apple-Google model
Express & Star
Staffordshire Police accused of making secret requests to NHS over mental health of complainants
National Data Guardian
Public consultation launched over Caldicott Principles and Guardians
11KBW Panopticon Blog
Oral processing under DPA98
NHSX contract-tracing DPIA
NHSX contact tracing statement plus Google & Apple initiative opinion
NHS trusts fail Cyber Essentials Plus cybersecurity tests
NHS to use data to target Covid-19 hot spots
NHS medical records accessed by drugs companies
NHS in dispute with Apple and Google over contact-tracing
NHS doctors told not to make video calls to patients using Zoom
NHS Digital expands vulnerable children data sharing system
Healthcare IT News
NHS Digital data opt-out scheme in England delayed
Microsoft’s defends centralised NHS data centre amid privacy concerns
ICO Statement about COVID-19 and mobile phone tracking
ICO reveiwing NHSX contract tracing app DPIA
ICO Monetary Penalty - London pharmacy fined £275K
ICO announces 2020 winner of its award for excellence
Hacker spared prison after Police find almost 9,000 cardiac images
Government not currently planning to share UK patient data
Global pandemic incites concerns about data-sharing overreach
Draft government memo proposes de-anonymising COVID-19 app data
Data protection and coronavirus
COVID-19 response and data protection law in the EU and US
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 9th April)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 7th May)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 3rd July)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 26th June)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 22nd May)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 1st May)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 19th June)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 17th April)
COVID-19 privacy news (w/e 15th May)
COVID-19 privacy news