A roundup of posts relating to the European Commission's draft Adequacy decision.
The European Commission has said that the UK data protection laws align with the European Union's. It will now start a process to allow the continued flow of police and financial data from the EU to the UK for the next four years.
- Download the draft GDPR Adequacy decision
- Download the draft Law Enforcement Directive Adequacy decision
In the UK, statements have been issued by the:
Additional commentary from:
- Reuters - EU is to allow continued data flows to UK following Brexit
- Politico - UK data flows get Brussels’ blessing, with caveats
- Pinsent Masons - UK data adequacy decisions issued by European Commission
- IAPP - European Commission releases draft UK adequacy decisions
- IAPP - Draft UK adequacy decisions — A somewhat lukewarm embrace?