Read Full Story
Here are the latest stories on how the COVID-19 outbreak has affected privacy:
- Open Rights Group recalls hit US comedy 'Cheers' over pubs reopening track and trace requirements 'Where everybody knows your name'.
- Politico reports that privacy advocates warn Coronavirus opens door to company surveillance of workers.
- IAPP post article outlining privacy considerations Google and Apple while developing the Exposure Notification System.
- IAPP publishes White Paper looking into the privacy risks to individuals in the wake of COVID-19.
- E&T reveals that mobile phone data could be used to implement local lockdowns.
- The Guadian publish an excellent article highlighting the problems with Apple's and Google's contact-tracing technology. Privacy not being one of them.
- ICO guidance and statement to businesses collecting personal data for contact tracing.
- Open Rights Group demand privacy protections for COVID-19 Test & Trace.